13 Kernwood Heights
Beverly, MA 01915
- ITIL v3 Certified IT Professional with fifteen plus years with eight years of strong Windows Systems Administration experience in a 24/7/365 environment
- Nine years of experience with maintaining datacenter compliance of PCI, BSI 7799 / ISO 27001, SAS 70, HIPAA, Sarbanes-Oxley, and FISMA security standards.
- Strong communication skills with ability to communicate technical topics to non-technical audiences
- Exceptional software and hardware troubleshooting skills
- Impeccable proven customer service record with proven leadership capabilities.
- Continually stay up to date with latest technology solutions both on-premise and cloud based.
- Operating Systems: Windows Server 2000/2003/2008/2012, Windows XP/7/8, MAC OS X, RedHat 6.3
- Virtualization: VMware ESXi 4.1/5 vSphere, vCenter 4/5, VMware Converter, Update Manager, Microsoft Hyper-V 2012 R2
- Backup/Restore: IBM Tivoli Storage Manager (TSM)
- Messaging: Microsoft Exchange 2007/2010, Blackberry Enterprise Manager 4.x, Postini
- Other Technologies: MS Active Directory 2003/2008/2012, MS GPO/DNS/DHCP/IIS, MS 2003/2008 Clustering, MS SCCM 2012, Hosted Exchange, Citrix Metaframe Presentation Server 4.5 /XenApp 6.5, Citrix Access Gateway, HP iLO, Dell DRAC, Avocent, SQL 2005/2008, SharePoint 2007, Shavlik NetChk Protect v7.5, GFI LANguard v9, LanSweeper v4, iSupport v9, Symantec SEP v11, Sophos v10, Office
- Server Hardware: HP Proliant DL and BL models, HP Blade Enclosure c7000, Dell PowerEdge, IBM System x, HP GbE2c and Virtual Connect Flex-10
American Student Assistance – Boston, MA
Sr. System Administrator (May 2012 – Present)
Perform system administration tasks within system engineering team including design, support, automation scripting, and system monitoring.
- Introduced Windows Server 2012 and created scripts for rapid deployment out of vm templates using PowerShell, batch and registry scripts for consistent deployment
- Designed and implemented scalable System Center Configuration Manager 2012 R2 (SCCM) environment for Windows patching, software deployment, ongoing management of servers and desktops.
- Architected Sophos v10 design, performed installation, configuration of policies, packages and endpoint deployment to servers, desktops and mobile devices.
- Installed and configured HP BL460G7 servers within c7000 enclosures with redundant Onboard Administrators, Cisco Catalyst 3120G switches, and Cisco MDS 9124e Fabric switches.
- Assisted with upgrading VMware ESXi 4.1 infrastructure to v5.0 including ESXi hosts, vCenter server and guest tools within production and off premise DR location.
- Worked in conjunction with operations team to implement Microsoft System Center 2012 monitoring solution (SCOM) to replace legacy monitoring infrastructure to support new business for internal servers and externally facing website.
- Designed and built Citrix XenApp 6.5 farm for partner access to internal applications, sites and RDP via Citrix NetScaler hardware appliance consisting of RSA token dual-factor authentication.
- Design and installation of MOVEit DMZ and backend Central servers. Built managed file transfer portal allowing 200 clients access to drop and retrieve files from organization.
- Built and configured Windows Server 2008R2 servers for development, staging, uat and production environments. Developed tools and scripts for server post deployment tasks including software, baseline security policies and configuration.
Epsilon Data Management, LLC. – Wakefield, MA
Sr. System Administrator – Team Lead (April 2007 – May 2012)
Responsible for all Windows system administration tasks in a 700+ physical and virtualized environment including design, specification, procurement, deployment, support, and ongoing maintenance.
- Built numerous prestigious clients domain environments from project planning stages to physical installation, cabling and configuration including Operating System, Citrix, IIS, and SQL and custom applications.
- Work directly with compliance office to remain compliant in accordance with PCI, BSI 7799 / ISO 27001, SAS 70, HIPAA and Sarbanes-Oxley security standards.
- Support over 40 different client domains, multiple shared domains with numerous client specific domain policies and group policy definitions.
- Lead for Wakefield MA Windows system administrators providing training, management, project management, purchase orders, hiring or additional team members.
- Design, package and deployed Windows server images utilizing HPRDP and Windows AIK customization tools in PXE boot environment.
- Installed VMware ESXi 4.1 server, deployed VM guests and introduced machine templates for each Windows OS configuration.
- Researched and implemented patching solution including maintenance schedule and client communication protocol for GFI LANguard windows patch deployment.
- Deploy and troubleshoot Citrix Presentation Server (XenApp) Server in standalone and multimode farm configurations on multiple OS's.
- Created customized post-image automation tasks with the use of batch files and VB scripts.
- Introduced Windows 2008R2 to organization server standard and Windows 7 for IT desktops.
- Introduced MS SharePoint 2007 IT portal to institute sharing of information, KB articles, FAQ, links, group calendar and file repository.
- Researched and implemented GPO for standards based secure Citrix environment.
- Manage and update documentation including inventory, server build and client distribution lists.
- Install and update firmware for rack, blades, and enclosures.
- Configure backups and perform SQL maintenance and optimization utilizing native tasks within SQL Management Studio.
- Exchange and SharePoint 2007 administration tasks including configuration, policies and troubleshooting.
Epsilon Data Management, LLC. – Wakefield, MA
Sr. Support Engineer (April 2007 – Promoted November 2008 to Sr. System Administrator Team Lead)
Responsible for escalated desktop support issue resolution, authored standards based documentation, and workstation image management in a 600+ user Windows environment.
- Redesigned desktop imaging system, including the use of SYSPREP and scripts to simplify PC deployment.
- Lead effort in upgrading and configuring 300 Epsilon users to Outlook 2007 from Notes 6.5 utilizing scripted installation and Quest migration tool.
- Performed quality assurance test on WSUS patches and deployed to Windows workstations.
- Active Directory and Exchange 2007 administration.
- Migrated domain controllers, file and print servers at satellite offices to Windows Server 2003.
- Troubleshooting connectivity issues with Exchange 2007 clients, ActiveSync and Blackberry mobile devices.
- Designed and setup Epsilon’s first web-based ticketing solution (GWI c.Support) including ongoing support for changes, customizations and workflows.
- Authored baseline documentation, build, knowledge base articles and FAQ for IT and end-users.
- Built and configured Symantec Endpoint Protection v11 server for all workstations and servers.
Copyright Clearance Center, Inc. – Danvers, MA
Desktop Support Specialist (September 2000 - December 2006)
Responsible for support, troubleshooting, repair and installation of 300+ computers in a Windows environment.
- Introduced and designed CCC’s first desktop imaging solution utilizing Symantec Ghost and SYSPREP tools from the ground up.
- Setup new user accounts and permissions in Active Directory
- Facilitated all network cabling, electrical and build-out projects.
- Installed Cisco 3550 Catalyst switches and performed all CAT5e wiring activities
- Server administrator for WebTrends analytical tool for marketing.
- Attended CCC tradeshows for setup and support of hardware.
- Setup and administered PatchLink patching solution server for all desktops.
- Acted as Gatekeeper on the configuration management forum (change control)
- Introduced E-Z Audit for desktop hardware and software inventory auditing
- Serviced HP/Xerox laser and inkjet printers, Canon ImageRunner multi-function copiers.
- Acted as tape backup administrator and performed backup and restore operations as requested on HP tape library.
- Recipient of CCC’s first “Winning Moments Award” for superior customer service and front line support.
EDUCATION & PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATIONS:
University of Phoenix – Burlington, MA
Bachelors of Science in Business Management GPA: 3.26 Graduated - June 2007
ITIL v3 Certified – July 2013
References available upon request